Beefy Noodles with Sour Cream SauceFrom modelsmom 4 years ago
- 2 cups (8-oz) ziti, or any other pasta shopping list
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 tsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 1 cup already-sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable juice, like V8 shopping list
- 1 T ketchup shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp celery salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano or dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream (NOT fat-free!) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water and cook the ziti until tender.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion, adding it to the skillet as you chop.
- Add the beef. When it begins to brown add the mushrooms.
- Cook until their juice is released and the beef is completely browned, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the vegetable juice, ketchup, and spices. Stir well, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, while the ziti finishes cooking.
- Immediately drain the ziti, add it to the skillet, and stir well.
- Stir in the sour cream, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook for another minute to heat through.