Angel Hair With Creamy Clam SauceFrom modelsmom 4 years ago
- 8 oz angel hair pasta shopping list
- 3 strips bacon (turkey, low-sodium, or regular) shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 tsp bottled minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano or dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- 2 cans (6.5 oz each) chopped clams shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas shopping list
- 1/2 cup half & half shopping list
- 1/4 cup already grated or shredded parmesan shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water and cook the pasta until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, about 4 minutes.
- While the bacon cooks. peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Remove the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- In the same skillet, add the onion, garlic and oregano.'
- Raise the heat to medium-high and cook until the onion is soft, about 4 minutes.
- Crumble or chop the bacon and set aside.
- Add the clams with their juice and the peas. Raise the heat to high and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the half & half & reduce heat to low.
- Cook 2 minutes to heat through, then stir in parmesan and bacon.
- Stir until the cheese is melted, 2 minutes more. Season with pepper.
- Ladle some pasta onto serving plates and top with the sauce.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookmodelsmom Worcester, MA
The Rating4 people
I~for one~ Do Not feel Any GUILT about
"Making & Eating" this "5"FORK!!!!! recipe!
A 'little bit of Bacon' and a 'little of Cream'~
Thank-you for sharing~
I will "go easy" on the Peas...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
I agree with mj, eat and be happy, sounds great!maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
Sounds wonderful!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!