Grilled Chicken With Sweet Potato SauceFrom superfoodman 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace shopping list
- 1/8 cup honey shopping list
- 2 cups chopped peeled sweet potato shopping list
- 1 cup apple cider shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 chicken breasts, skinned, boned, and split shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the celery and onion and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring, until softened.
- Add the cinnamon and mace and stir to distribute. Stir in the honey and sweet potato. Add the cider and chicken stock. Bring to boil over high heat, then lower to medium heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- Puree the mixture in a food processor. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. If the sauce is too thin, place in a saucepan and cook it down over medium heat until the sauce is the desired consistency. If the sauce is too thick, add more chicken stock and heat through. Set the sauce aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Preheat a stovetop grill or rigid frying pan.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. When the grill of frying pan is very hot, grill the chicken breasts for 3 minutes on each side. Then, remove them to a baking pan and place them in an oven for 10 minutes, or until they're finally cooked. (If the breasts are thin enough, they can be cooked entirely on the grill, about 5 minutes on each side. A charcoal grill or regular cast-iron skillet may also be used.)
- To Serve, pour some sauce on each of 4 plates and sprinkle with pecans, parsley, and red bell pepper. Place the cooked chicken over the sauce.