Buttermilk PancakesFrom danikamarie 3 years ago
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, butter and egg yolks.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture and stir just until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the beaten egg whites into the batter just until combined.
- Heat a lightly buttered griddle or cast-iron skillet.
- For each pancake, gently spread 1/4 cup of the batter on the hot surface to form a 4-inch circle.
- Cook over moderately low heat until the top is set, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and continue cooking until golden.