Decorated Sugar CookiesFrom maricakes 3 years ago
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter (225 g) shopping list
- 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar (200 g) can be granulated sugar * see note shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla (8 ml) shopping list
- 3 ½ cups of flour (450 g) if it is very sticky, you can add 1/2 cup more at the end. shopping list
- ½ teaspoon of salt (4 g) shopping list
- http://mariscakes.blogspot.com/2010/05/decorated-sugar-cookies.html shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Beat butter until soft, then add confectioner’s sugar already SIFTED (or granulated sugar) slowly. Continue beating until the butter mixture is pale yellow in color and looks fluffy. Do not over beat.
- 2. Add egg and flavoring (this time I use 1 ½ teaspoon lemon zest but I commonly use extracts or pure vanilla).
- 3. Mix dry ingredients in container separately and add to the butter mixture. If the dough is sticky, add a little extra flour.
- 4. Cover the dough with seran wrap and put it in the refrigerator for 30minutos - 1 hour.
- 5. A. Divide the dough just out of the refrigerator in two and each ball between two sheets of wax paper. With a rolling pin extend to desired thickness (typically 1/8 - 1/4 inch). The wax paper helps to prevent the dough from sticking and is easy to extend.
- B. You can also roll the dough without wax paper, sprinkling a little flour on the work table to prevent sticking. You can try both ways and decide which is best for you.
- 6. Bake at 350 ° F (175 ° C) by 8-10 minutes approx. or until lightly brown below.
- 7. Leave to cool.
- 8. Decorate to taste; there are no limits let your imagination run wild!
- 9. See recipes below for Lemon Glaze and Royal Icing.
The Cookmaricakes New York, DO
- Not added to any groups yet!