Big Island BBQ Beef Short RibsFrom luisascatering 2 years ago
- 4 lbs crosscut beef short ribs (Korean-style or Hawaiian style bbq ribs) shopping list
- Marinade # 1: shopping list
- 1 cup Sake shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- Marinade # 2: shopping list
- 1 cup premium soy sauce shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions, including the light green parts, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (or canola) shopping list
How to make it
- Put the rubs in a large baking dish in a single layer.
- Mix the ingredients for marinade No. 1 together until the sugar is dissolved completely. Pour over the ribs, turning to coat evenly and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients for marinade No 2 together and pour over the ribs, again turning them to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours or overnight.
- Prepare the fire in an outdoor grill. Remove the ribs from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade and grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Serve over rice (and a side of macaroni salad too if you want to be "authentic"!).
- For extra sauce, make a second batch of marinade No. 2, bring to a boil in a medium saucepan, and simmer until reduced by half. Spoon the warm sauce over the grilled ribs.
- Serves 4 to 6 as a main course.