Sweet Potato Chips (fries)From rachpj 3 years ago
- 2 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into wedges shopping list
- 1/4 C. olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp. Jamaican jerk seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushes shopping list
- Coarse sea salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 sheets of heavy duty foil, approx 18x20 shopping list
How to make it
- Place your peeled, wedged potatoes in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl add olive oil, seasoning, pepper flakes and garlic, whisk well and pour over potatoes, turning them to coat evenly.
- Place an even amount of potatoes in each packet, and seal each packet tightly.
- The best part about this dish is you can cook it three different ways, in the camp fire directly, on your camp stove or in your oven of your camp trailer, i have done all three and they all turn out great. If using an oven cook at 400' F and bake 25-30 minutes until tender. If using camp stove or fire, keep turning packets for even cooking, you want to cook it at the hottest spot possible for maximum crispness.
- Serve with BBQ chicken packets and enjoy!
The Cookrachpj Dallas, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!