Hash Brown/egg/sausage CasseroleFrom lesliegw 6 years ago
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns (I use seasoned hash browns) shopping list
- 1 pound bulk sausage (I use Jimmy Dean - plain flavor) shopping list
- 2-1/4 cups half and half shopping list
- 8 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons spicy Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 french loaf, cubed (crusts removed, but doesn't have to be perfect) shopping list
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter casserole dish.
- Melt butter in large frying pan. Add onion and saute over medium heat until soft. Add hash browns, break apart large clumps. Cook thorougly and remove from pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine milk, eggs, salt, pepper, mustard and whisk to blend.
- Spread onions and hash browns evenly in bottom of buttered dish. Put bread on top of hash browns. Distribute sausage over bread. Pour milk and egg mixture over entire casserole. Add parmesan and then the cheddar.
- Bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
The Cooklesliegw Sugar Land, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!