Vegan Leek & Garlic Artichoke SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 3 leeks, chopped shopping list
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled, divided shopping list
- 2 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 (9.9-oz) jar water-packed artichoke hearts, drained shopping list
- 1 lb Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 6 sprigs thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Saute leeks and 10 cloves garlic for 5 minutes in a large pot using a small amount of water, until leeks are softened.
- Add broth, water, artichokes, potatoes, and thyme sprigs.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, season with salt and pepper and simmer, partially covered, for 25 minutes.
- Remove thyme sprigs.
- Transfer soup to blender and add remaining garlic and thyme leaves.
- Blend until smooth.
- Return to the pot and stir in lemon juice.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed, and serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!