Lemon-basil Pasta SaladFrom waterlily 4 years ago
- Most of a 1 pound package of pasta, I used mini-bowties shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic shopping list
- 2-3 t kosher salt, divided shopping list
- Juice of 1 Lemon shopping list
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup good olive oil shopping list
- 8-15 fresh basil leaves (to your taste), chiffonade shopping list
- 3T capers (good substitute: Kalamata olives) shopping list
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled if waxed and chopped shopping list
- 2 medium or 1 large tomato shopping list
- 2 green onions, chopped fine shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- Optional: quartered, marinated artichoke hearts shopping list
- For a main dish pasta salad, toss in some sliced, grilled chicken breast shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiled, salted water until just al dente.(Using part of the 2-3t of salt)
- Sprinkle additional salt on the garlic & chop it fine (the salt will help the knife chop up the garlic)
- In a large salad bowl, combine the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and basil.
- Toss the hot pasta into the lemon dressing, toss to coat
- Add the remaining ingredients, toss.
- Taste, adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Serve and enjoy!
The Cookwaterlily Joplin, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!