Soft-shell Clams with Spicy Tomato SauceFrom wokkingmum 8 years ago
- Soft-shell clams, soaked in salted water for them to ‘split out’ the sand and brushed to clean the dirt on the shells shopping list
- 1 tomato, diced shopping list
- 3 tablespoon tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce (I use Hommaid Brand - Nyonya Crispy prawn Chilli Sauce) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- Salt for tasting shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- corn flour with water (thickener) shopping list
How to make it
- In a pot, stir-fry garlic in oil till fragrant.
- Add in the clams and stir fry till the shells open.
- Add in tomato, tomato sauce, chilli sauce and cooking wine.
- Let it simmer for about 7 minutes or till the clams are cooked.
- Add salt for tasting.
- Slowly stir-in the corn flour mixture.
- Now stir-in the beaten egg.
The Cookwokkingmum Singapore, SG
The Rating5 people
i might sound silly, but can we eat the shell cos it said soft shell clam(like soft shell crab)i never had those.kitchen_fantasy in Bluffton loved it
yummy i love seafood, wonder where cani get soft shell clamkitchen_fantasy in Bluffton loved it
the recipe sounds fantastic, and the picture is perfectnakedchef in Taichung loved it