Coconut Candy Coated CashewsFrom twilightrose 5 years ago
How to make it
- Prepare baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pre-heat oven 325° F
- In a small baking pan, toast coconut until consistently light golden brown, stirring every 2 min. for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool briefly, and transfer to food processor/ high speed blender and pulse till finely chopped. You should have 1/2 C toasted chopped coconut.
- In a small saucepan, combine water, turbinado and cream of tartar over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches 246° (Firm Ball) on your candy thermometer.
- Once at proper temperature, immediately remove from heat and stir in the vanilla flavoring and toasted coconut. Add cashews all at once, and stir with a wooden spoon until completely coated with candied coconut mix. Continue stiring until it becomes difficult and the candy turns white.
- Quickly pour cashew mix onto the prepared baking sheet. Break apart the cashews that stick together, and allow to cool and harden at room temperature. Nuts can be stored in a glass mason jar, or ziploc bags. Enjoy for yourself or give to others!
The Cooktwilightrose Denver/ Nederland♥, CO
- Not added to any groups yet!