Creole-style Red Bean Soup With ShrimpFrom jennyzzz 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 rib celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 15½-ounce can red kidney beans shopping list
- 1 14-ounce can Italian-style tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- ½ teaspoon marjoram, crushed shopping list
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- A pinch of Red Pepper shopping list
- 2 Bay Leaves shopping list
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. add the scallions, bell pepper and celery and cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, adding some of the broth, 1 tablespoon at a time, if the pan gets dry.
- 2. Stir in the beans with their liquid, tomatoes with their juice, marjoram, black pepper, red pepper, bay leaves, and the remaining broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until the flavors have blended.
- 3. Add the shrimp and cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque.
The Cookjennyzzz Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!