Grilled Cuban-style Burgers With Grilled Ham & CheeseFrom superfoodman 4 years ago
- Patties shopping list
- 1 pound freshly ground sirloin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chile powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro shopping list
- 5 dashes tabasco Pepper Sauce shopping list
- Kosher salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- Vegetable oil, for brushing on the grill rack shopping list
- 4 slices baked ham shopping list
- 4 thick slices Monterey Jack cheese shopping list
- 4 large sesame seed buns, split and brushed with butter shopping list
- Mustard-Pickle Spread shopping list
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish shopping list
- 1/4 cup yellow American mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
- 2. To make the spread, combine the relish and mustards in a small bowl and stir to blend.
- Set aside.
- 3. To make the patties, combine the sirloin, garlic, chile powder, cumin, cilantro, and pepper sauce in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Handling the meat as little as possible to avoid compacting it, mix well. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and form the portions into patties to fit the buns.
- 4. When the grill is ready, brush the grill rack with vegetable oil. Place the patties on the rack, cover, and cook, turning once, until done to preference, 5 to 7 minutes on each side for medium. Just before the patties are done, turn a second time and place a ham slice and a cheese slice on top of each patty. During the last few minutes of cooking, place the buns, cut side down, on the outer edges of the rack to toast lightly.
- 5. To assemble the burgers, spread the pickle spread over the cut sides of the buns. On each bun bottom, place a patty. Add the bun tops and serve.
The Cooksuperfoodman Metropolis, IL
The Rating1 people
i bet it tastes yummy yo.. i baaaaccccckkkkk :0 still getting used to this 'revamped' gr :) later :)
hello u :) im sorry i haven't a chance to 'reconnect' with evreyone.. sooo much to catch up on.. i;m back fer a bit.. miss all of u :).. c u soon 'lois'.. ha high five 'stars' eg?.. aw geez :)
BTW.. great burger... baby.. :):) ha :)