Grandmaw's Southern BiscuitsFrom betty_boop 6 years ago
- 2 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp. salt shopping list
- 1/3 c. shortening shopping list
- 3/4 c. buttermilk or regular milk shopping list
- glass baking dish/ iron skillet/ cookie pan/ just something to bake these biscuits in... shopping list
- cookie cutter or coffee cup or heck use your hand by pinching off some dough and roll them up...using dry flour on your hands... shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in shortening with fork until mixture resembles coarse corn meal. Add buttermilk or regular milk
- Blend with fork until flour is moistened and dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Turn out on lightly floured bread board. If you to do have one use the Kitchen counter it works just fine...
- Knead dough lightly (this means to beat it up some)(2 minutes and roll out to 3/4 inch thick).
- Cut out and place on lightly greased pan. now cut out with round cookie cutter or use a coffee cup or mug if you want a larger size. or just pinch some of the dough off and roll it up in the palm of your hand then press it onto your baking dish
- use a cookie pan or glass baking dish, or what my grandmother used iron skillet .. just bake them on something... cuzz they are good...
- Brush top with butter.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
The Cookbetty_boop Pine Prairie, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!