Asian Prawn OmeletteFrom wrigggit 6 years ago
- 8 green prawns shopping list
- 2 cms ginger- peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 12 snow peas, sliced thinly shopping list
- 1 tbspn vege oil shopping list
- 4 free range eggs shopping list
- 2 spring onions sliced shopping list
- 4 tsppn water shopping list
- 2 tbspn sesame oil shopping list
- 1 cup bean sprouts shopping list
- 12 sprigs coriander, leaves picked shopping list
- Dipping Sauce: 2 tbspn soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tbspn Chines red vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce shopping list
- 1/2 large red chilli, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- De-vein and butterfly prawns, toss with ginger and garlic, marinate for 10 mins. Blanch snow peas in boiling water for 5 secs, strain. In a separate bowl whisk all ingredients for dipping sauce together.
- Heat wok with 1 tbspn vege oil and fry prawns quickly till just cooked. Set aside and cover to keep warm. Wipe the wok with paper towel and heat till very hot.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs together with spring onions, water and a good pinch of salt.
- Add 2 tbspn sesame oil to wok and pour in half the egg mix. Swirl around the pan and lightly move the egg with the spatula. Turn down heat at this stage.
- Once egg is almost cooked, add half the prawns, snow peas, bean sprouts and coriander. When the omelette is golden, fold over and remove form the pan.
- Repeat the last step with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately, drizzled with lots of sauce and garnished with coriander.
The Cookwrigggit Perth, Australia
- Not added to any groups yet!