Whole Wheat Sweet Potato BreadFrom littlesponger 4 years ago
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup light sour cream shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup mashed cooked peeled sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted dates shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped pecan, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 3775 degree. Lightly coat 8x4x2 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. set aside
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and 1/4 tsp salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, egg, sugar, milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir in sweet potatoes.
- Add sour cream mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Fold in dates and pecans. Spon batter into pan, spreading evenly
- Bake 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely.