Coffee Rubbed BrisketFrom pleclare 3 years ago
- coffee Rub: shopping list
- 2 c lt. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 c chile powder shopping list
- 1/4 c paprika shopping list
- 1/4 c kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 c med. ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/3 c finely ground dark roast coffee shopping list
- Brisket: shopping list
- 1 (4 to 6 lb ) beef brisket shopping list
- 2 yellow onions,roughly chopped shopping list
- 3 large carrotts,peeled and rough chopped shopping list
- 1-1/2 bottles (18 oz) dark beer shopping list
How to make it
- Make rub: In med. bowl, combine brown sugar,chile powder,paprika,salt,pepper and coffee. Stir to combine well.
- Preheat oven to 275' Rub brisket all over with coffee ruband set aside 30 mins. Store any leftover coffee rub in an airtight container at room temperature. Arrange carrots and onions in bottom of a roasting pan.Set brisket on top of vegetables. Pour beer over brisket and roast 3 to 5 hours until it is tender and falling apart. Allow about 45 mins per pound of brisket. When brisket is done,you should be able to seperate the meat into shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove meat from pan and let rest 10 to 15 mins.
- Pour pan juices and vegetables into saucepan. Skim the fat off the top of the juices and discard.
- Slice meat across the grain and arrange on platter. Serve juices and vegetables with meat.