Easy Sponge CakeFrom cookingcrazy 6 years ago
How to make it
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- grease and flour your cake pan that you will use for this recipe.
- in a large mixing bowl, add the 5 large eggs and 1 1/2 cups sugar.
- beat the eggs and sugar on high for about 5-7 minutes until the eggs turn light in color and fluffy.
- now shift your 1 cup flour, salt and 1 tsp baking powder in a shifter.
- fold the flour in the egg mixture until just combined. DONT OVER MIX.
- now pure the batter in a 9 inch cake pan and bake right away for about 30-35 minutes, depending on your oven.
- check if the cake is done after 30 minutes by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake. The toothpick should come out clean or if it does not come out clean, then bake for additional 5 minutes. dont over bake.
- when the cake is done, take it out of the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- then place it on a cooling rack for 30 minutes or until completely cooled.
- THE CAKE MUST BE COOLED BEFORE YOU START FROSTING.
The Cookcookingcrazy Qeens, U.S
- Not added to any groups yet!