Pumpkin CakeFrom tlbnitz 5 years ago
- (pumpkin cake) shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup safflower or canola oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pumpkin purée or canned solid-pack pumpkin shopping list
- (Compote) shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 pounds fresh pumpkin (preferably sugar or cheese pumpkin), peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice (2 cups) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180 C).
- Butter a 13 x 9 x by 2-inch metal baking pan. Line bottom with wax or parchment paper, then butter paper.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk together brown sugar and eggs in a large bowl, then whisk in oil and pumpkin purée.
- Add flour mixture and whisk just until smooth.
- Pour batter into baking pan and bake in middle of oven until springy to the touch and a tester inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on a rack 10 minutes, then run a knife around edge and invert onto rack.
- Peel off paper and cool cake completely.
- Soak cherries in hot water to cover until softened, about 15 minutes, then drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Add sugars, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt, then cook, stirring until smooth.
- Add pumpkin and drained cherries and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until pumpkin is tender, 8 to 12 minutes.
The Cooktlbnitz Calgary, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!