Steak RancheroFrom elliotthedragon 5 years ago
- butter (1 Stick) shopping list
- stew meat (3 to 4 pounds cut into bite size pieces) *Note - the cheaper the meat the longer you cook until tender shopping list
- green onions (5 nice size bunches) shopping list
- diced tomatoes (3 Large Cans 28 ounces) shopping list
- jalapeno peppers (Fresh or Jar Slices) shopping list
- salt and Pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a 6 Quart Pot (Dutch Oven) start melting 1 stick of butter (turn the heat/flame to about medium).
- Add the 3 cans of diced tomatoes.
- Stir in a good amount of Salt and Pepper to taste (this is going to make the entire pot full).
- Add the Stew Meat (fat and all).
- Cover and bring to an easy boil then reduce the heat about half way down. Keep stiring occasionally.
- Cut the roots and very tops off of all the green onions and chop the entire onion (green and all) into about 1/2 inch pieces and add them to the pot.
- Thinly slic 3 Big Jalapeno Peppers and then cut into about 1/2 pieces and add to the pot. For a hotter taste leave in most of the seeds.
- Turn the heat to low, cover and simmer for about 2 hours or until the meat is very tender.
- If it isn't spicy enough as it cooks I add some additional sliced jar jalapenos and lots of the juice until I get it to a nice spicy level.
- If desired serve over Mashed Potatoes or Rice.
- Freeze left overs in serving sizes of about 2 big ladle fulls per person. I don't normally have left overs if my family hears that I am cooking this and they come out of nowhere to eat at Mom's/Sis's house. LOL
- Note: I have made this in a crock pot before but I like the way it comes out when prepared on the stove top better.
The Cookelliotthedragon Opelika, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!