Butter Curry Lobster FetucineFrom sckewer 3 years ago
- 227 grams chunked lobster cooked shopping list
- 6 table spoons sour cream or yogurt shopping list
- 1 t spoon garam masala shopping list
- 1 t spoon coriander seeds shopping list
- 3/4 t cumin seeds shopping list
- 1/4 t tumeric powder shopping list
- 1/3 t chili powder shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 t fresh grated ginger shopping list
- 2 t butter shopping list
- 1/2 onion chopped fine shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- 2 cardamom pods shopping list
- 1 chilli pepper or small hot pepper of your preference shopping list
- 4 bay leaves shopping list
- mortar and pestle shopping list
- fettuccine shopping list
How to make it
- lightly fry coriander, garam masala and chili powder, until coriander just starts opening, and set aside.
- with the flat of a knife crush the garlic cloves to get the skin off. Place the garlic in the mortar with some salt and crush it. Dump the contents of the pan on top, along with chopped onion, cinnamon, cumin seeds, and tumeric powder. Add the cardamom at the end and just bruise it up a bit.
- Add to yogurt and mix until it is a smooth orange colour. Then add the lobster and cover allowing it to marinate for 1 hour or more( I myself tend to avoid marinating over night as I find a lot of marinades over take the meat if left to long).
- crush your pepper in a mortar and add to pan when it is warm enough to melt butter, but not sizzle. Once it becomes fragrant add the lobster and all of the sauce its in.
- Bring it to a boil, then cover and simmer for 45 minutes add bay leaves.
- When you are 5 to 10 minutes from being done put your fettuccine on and cook as directed on package.
- At the end take the sauce pan off the heat, and don't peak(seriously don't peak) for 5 minutes, remove the bay leaves.
- Drain and add pasta and mix together and serve. Garnish with 2 bay leaves per portion, just for looks though, you could also use basil leaves instead. Offer garlic Na'an instead of garlic bread to your guests as well, and enjoy.
The Cooksckewer Guelph, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!