Thai Green Curry ShrimpFrom chuckieb 3 years ago
- 1 large bunch of asparagus shopping list
- 1/2 fresh red chile, seeds removed shopping list
- 1 tbsp. veg. oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil shopping list
- 1 lb. large shrimp, raw, peeled shopping list
- 1 14 oz. can lite coconut milk shopping list
- For the curry paste: shopping list
- 2 stalks lemongrass shopping list
- 4 green onions shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. minced ginger shopping list
- 1 handfull fresh coriander, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds shopping list
- 8 fresh kaffir lime leaves shopping list
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce shopping list
How to make it
- To make the curry paste:
- Trim the lemongrass stalks, peel back and discard the outer leaves and cut into 1" pieces. Trim the green onions. Set aside a few sprigs of the coriander and whiz the rest in a food processor with the lemongrass stalks, green onions, garlic, ginger, coriander seeds and lime leaves until everything is finely chopped. (The smell will be amazing!) Pour in the soy sauce and the fish sauce and blend again until you have a smooth paste.
- To make the curry:
- Snap the woody ends off the asparagus and discard them. Finely slice them length ways with a knife.
- Finely chop the red chile and put to one side.
- Place a frying pan over high heat and when it's really hot, add the vegetable and the sesame oils, swirl them around and then carefully drop in the shrimp.
- Add the asparagus and your green curry paste and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Pour in the coconut milk.
- Give it a good stir and bring to a boil and cook for a few more minutes.