Shrimp Empanadas With Garlic-jalapeno Dipping SauceFrom sharebear1 3 years ago
- 3 Cups flour shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Guajillo Chile shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 2-1/2 Teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 Cup shortening or lard shopping list
- 3/4 Cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 Lb Ready shrimp (de-vained and tails removed) shopping list
- 3/4 Cup Cojita cheese shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 jalapeno (seeds removed and diced) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro shopping list
- 4 Galic Cloves- Diced shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the dry ingredients. Cut in lard until mixture resembles coarse meal. Whisk egg and chicken broth. Mix broth and egg into the flour mixture and knead until dough forms. Cover and refridgerate for 30 minutes.
- Lighly flour surface and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick (or to desired thickness). Cut into about 5" circles. Place about 4 shrimp in center and a tablespoon of cojita cheese. Fold dough over to make a filled half circle and use a fork to press the edges together. Refridgerate empanadas for 3 hours.
- Fry in 350 degree oil for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- For Sauce:
- Place everything in blender and blend until smooth and transfer to a bowl for serving.
- You may bake them in the oven on 350 degrees for about 30 minutes flipping once. Cook until golden brown.
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!