Marinara SauceFrom DetroitTokyo 4 years ago
- 2 14oz cans tomatoes, not drained shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 celery stalks, chopped finely shopping list
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped finely shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- pinch of red pepper flakes shopping list
- pinch of oregano shopping list
- handful of fresh basil, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- *I've made this with crushed tomatoes (in their juice) for a smoother sauce. Also, have used 5-6 celery stalks and 2+ carrots at times. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until begins to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add celery and carrots and half of the salt and pepper. Saute until the vegetables are soft.
- Add tomatoes (with liquid), remaining salt & pepper, basil, oregano and bay leaf, Stir well and turn heat down to low.
- Simmer uncovered until thick, about 25 minutes+. Discard bay leaf.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!