Cajun CabbageFrom cyates798 5 years ago
- 2 lb lean ground chuck shopping list
- 2 cups chopped onions shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper shopping list
- 2 cloves chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 quarts shredded cabbage shopping list
- Two 10 oz cans diced tomatoes and green chili peppers shopping list
- 3 beef bouillon cubes shopping list
- 2 tbs vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Put oil in a heavy 5 quart pot. Add ground meat and stir until brown.
- Add bouillon cubes, onions, celery, garlic and bell pepper.
- Stir and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, undrained and water.
- Cook for a few minutes then stir in cabbage.
- Lower heat to medium and cook stirring often.
- Put lid on pot and cook until cabbage is crisp tender.
- If mixture is too dry add a little hot water and adjust seasonings.
- Add cooked rice until mixture is moist.
The Cookcyates798 Odessa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!