Garlicky Eggplant PastaFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1/2 lb eggplant, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 4 oz "chunky" whole-grain pasta (penne, rotini, etc) shopping list
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta-cooking water shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 anchovy fillet, minced shopping list
- pinch red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 oz grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450F, line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Toss together eggplant cubes, salt and pepper and arrange on the sheet in one layer.
- Mist with cooking spray and roast 30 minutes, stirring once. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted, boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking liquid, mixing it with lemon juice, and drain. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute garlic and anchovy in 2 tbsp water until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add pepper flakes, eggplant and reserved pasta water, cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pasta and cheese, toss well and serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Eat Light Healthy457 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members
Nut Free5 members
Eat Those Veggies85 members
Cooking For One Or Two51 members
Italian Recipes22 members