Baby Back Ribs - Quick MethodFrom shandy 5 years ago
- 3 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into 5 or 6-rib sections to fit in large pot shopping list
- 1 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons dark brown sugar shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, I used Mesquite liquid smoke shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Place the ribs in a large pot and fill the pot with enough water to cover the ribs.
- Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour or until the ribs are fork-tender.
- While the ribs are boiling, combine the remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring often, for 30 minutes or until the sauce mixture is slightly thickened.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the boiled ribs, meat side down, on a broiler pan or jelly roll pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Brush with half the sauce and broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat source for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the edges are slightly charred.
- Turn the ribs over, brush with the remaining sauce, and broil for an additional 5 to 6 minutes, or until the edges are slightly charred.
- ****NOTES****: Remove the silver skin from the back of the ribs if you do not want to boil the ribs first and just bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, basting with the sauce during the last half hour.