BouillabaisseFrom ginger 8 years ago
- 3/4 lb. of fresh shrimp--peeled and deveined shopping list
- 5 lb. of sea bass shopping list
- 3/4 lb. of mussels--cleaned and debearded shopping list
- 2 sliced onions shopping list
- 2 sliced leeks shopping list
- 3 tomatoes - peeled, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves of minced garlic shopping list
- 1 sprig of fennel leaf shopping list
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 tsp. of orange zest shopping list
- 3/4 c. of olive oil shopping list
- 1 pinch of saffron threads shopping list
- 9 c. of boiling water shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Add some oil to a large pan over medium flame.
- Saute onions, leeks, chopped tomatoes, and the garlic.
- Now you want to cook for several min. letting veggies get tender.
- Then add fennel, thyme, bay leaf, and the orange zest.
- Next you need to add the shellfish to boiling water, stir.
- Now add your salt and pepper.
- This heat should be raised to high for about 3 min.
- Then you can add the fish and reduce to medium, letting cook approx. 12-15 min.(cook should be done)
- You will want to taste the soup making sure taste is to your liking.
- Ladle and serve!