Ricotta-cheese Cake!From cookingcrazy 6 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 cup (100 grams) graham crackers, crushed shopping list
- 2 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- filling: shopping list
- 3 cups fresh whole milk ricotta shopping list
- 1 cup cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup granulated white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 4 large eggs, room temperature shopping list
- Zest of 1 lemon or orange shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- preheat your oven to 300 degrees F (180 C). Grease a 9 inch baking tray that you will use for this recipe.
- for crust:
- In a medium sized bowl combine the crushed crackers, sugar, and melted butter. Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate while you make the filling.
- for filling:
- In the bowl of your food processor or electric mixer, add the cream cheese and beat until smooth. Add the ricotta and sugar and beat until smooth (about 2 - 3 minutes). Beat in the cornstarch. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating about 30 seconds after each addition. Beat in the lemon zest, vanilla extract, and salt and beat until incorporated.
- Remove the crust from the refrigerator and pour in the filling. Place the pan in a large roasting pan and pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come about halfway up the sides of your pan.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until the top of the cheesecake has nicely browned and the center of the cake moves slightly when the pan is gently shaken. Remove the pan from the water bath and cool on a wire rack. Can serve this cheesecake warm, at room temperature, or cold.
The Cookcookingcrazy Qeens, U.S
- Not added to any groups yet!