Apple PieFrom sark28 4 years ago
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 8 granny smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work of crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
The Cooksark28 San Francisco, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!