Sparkling Sugar Cutout CookiesFrom ambus 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for shaping the cookies shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla.
- 3. With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Shape into a disk and refrigerate, wrapped, for at least 1 hour.
- 4. Heat oven to 350° F.Divide the dough in half.
- 5. On a floured surface, roll each piece out 1/4 inch thick.
- 6. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters.Refrigerate on lined baking sheets until firm.
- 7. Sprinkle with decorating sugar and bake at 350° F until just beginning to brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 8. Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- 9. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
The Cookambus Lahore, PK
Sweet Tooth446 members
Cookies And Sweets451 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits282 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Holiday Cookie Swappers222 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
Family Favorites141 members
Tried And True Recipes40 members
Checkin Central284 members
A Cookie Jar58 members