Amy Sedaris's Vanilla CupcakesFrom cutegirl23 5 years ago
- * 3/4 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- * 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- * 2 large eggs shopping list
- * 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- * 2 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- * 1 1/4 cups milk shopping list
- frosting Recipe: shopping list
- * 1 lb confectioners' sugar shopping list
- * 1/4 cup half-and-half shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon pure vanilla shopping list
- (**Tips: I've made the frosting before, YUCK! It's disgusting. It tastes like cornstarch and butter. However, I made an apple filling for the cupcakes. I just used a whole apple, any of your choice. A teaspoon of cinnamon. 1/4 Cup of water. 4-5 T. of white sugar, depending on how sweet you want it. Place everything in a pot. Stir it all together. Turn the heat to med-high and let the mixture boil. Be sure to whisk sometimes, b/c the mixture can burn quickly. Then, put on lid, and let cook until the apples are soft and the syrup is thick, about 10 min. Finally, with the COOLED cupcakes, just take a knife and cut it into the cupcake and fill it up. Top it with the remaining top(but i cut the top of the cupcakes to make it flat!) shopping list
- I suggest a 7 min. frosting or something light! Enjoy! =] ) shopping list
How to make it
- # Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add in the eggs, two teaspoons vanilla, salt and baking powder. Add flour and milk in batches, starting and ending with flour. Stir until batter is smooth and satiny.
- Fill paper-lined muffin tins with batter. Bake at 375° for 18- 20 minutes.
- For frosting, whip together the box of confectioners' sugar, half-and-half, and one teaspoon vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
- Allow cupcakes to cool about 45 minutes and frost.
- *HINT* I added about one extra teaspoon of vanilla to the batter.
- This recipe didn't specify, but I used all-purpose flour.
- To the frosting, I added a bit more half-and-half to reach a thinner consistency.
The Cookcutegirl23 California, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!