Pizza Hut Pan Pizza CrustFrom butterflyfairy 5 years ago
- 1 1/3 cup warm water (110 F) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 pk (or 2 1/4 tsp.) dry yeast shopping list
- 1/4 cup non−fat dry milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 cups bread flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil (for dough) shopping list
- 3-5 tablespoons oil (for greasing pans) shopping list
How to make it
- Put yeast and sugar in a large bowl (I use my Kitchenaid). Add warm water water to dissolve yeast; let sit for 5 minutes or until yeast blooms.
- Add non-fat dry milk, salt, oil and the all purpose flour, and 2 c of bread flor and stir until dough forms and flour is absorbed. Turn out on to a flat surface and knead for about 10 minutes, adding as much flour as necessary to make a soft, supple dough that is not too sticky. (I just used my Kitchenaid with the dough hook).
- Divide dough into three balls. In three 9" cake pans (I have used all sorts of different sized pans - they all work. ) Put app. 1.5 T of oil in each pan. You want it WELL oiled but not swimming in the stuff.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball to about a 9" circle, or use your hands to press dough into a circle. Place in cake pans. Cover. Place in warm area and allow to rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- For Each Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 450F. Spoon 1/3 cup sauce on dough and spread to within 1" of edge. Distribute a few handfuls of shredded mozzarella cheese (I like to add some cheddar and parmesan, too) on the sauce, then add whatever other toppings you want. Throw another handful of cheese on top. Can never have too much cheese in my house. :) Cook until cheese is bubbling and outer crust is brown, about 15 minutes.
The Cookbutterflyfairy Carrizozo, NM
- Not added to any groups yet!