Ginger Marinade For ChickenFrom tlbnitz 6 years ago
- 1 cup loosely-packed fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems shopping list
- 10 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 four-inch section fresh ginger, cut into thin slices shopping list
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk, stirred shopping list
- ¾ cup low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- ¼ cup honey shopping list
- 12 chicken drumsticks, about 4 ounces each, trimmed of excess fat and skin shopping list
How to make it
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the cilantro, garlic and ginger.
- Process until the ingredients are finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl and add the remaining marinade ingredients.
- Mix well. Add the drumsticks and rub the marinade into all sides with your hands.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours.
- Prepare the grill for indirect cooking over medium heat, 350 F to 450 F.
- Remove the drumsticks from the bowl and discard the marinade.
- Brush the cooking grates clean.
- Grill the drumsticks over indirect medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible until the juices run clear and the meat is no longer pink at the bone, 40 to 50 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The Cooktlbnitz Someplace, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!