Red-velvet Cake, My Way!From cookingcrazy 6 years ago
- vegetable oil for the pans shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fine salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature shopping list
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature shopping list
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring (1 ounce) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups ready made cream cheese frosting (you can make your own frosting) shopping list
- nuts to decorate shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil and flour 3 (9 by 1 1/2-inch round) cake pans.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. In another large bowl, whisk together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Using a standing mixer, mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined and a smooth batter is formed.
- Divide the cake batter evenly among the prepared cake pans. Place the pans in the oven evenly spaced apart. Bake, rotating the pans halfway through the cooking, until the cake pulls away from the side of the pans, and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and run a knife around the edges to loosen them from the sides of the pans. One at a time, invert the cakes onto a plate and then re-invert them onto a cooling rack, rounded-sides up. Let cool completely.
- Frost the cake. Place 1 layer, rounded-side down, in the middle of a rotating cake stand. Using a palette knife or offset spatula spread some of the cream cheese frosting over the top of the cake. Carefully set another layer on top, rounded-side down, and repeat. Top with the remaining layer and cover the entire cake with the remaining frosting.
- Decorate with nuts and serve chilled.
The Cookcookingcrazy Qeens, U.S
- Not added to any groups yet!