High Cal MuffinsFrom Sacha 8 years ago
- 2 tbsp coconut oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp honey shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup applesauce shopping list
- 1 cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt shopping list
- 1 cup oat bran shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 2 carrots finely grated shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts work best) shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried fruit (cherries, blueberries, raisins, currents) shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut (large flakes work best) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375
- Grease or lined a muffin pan.
- Combine wet ingredients (coconut oil through yogurt)
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl (oat bran through nutmeg) with a whisk
- Place wet ingredients into dry and combine until just mixed.
- Stir in grated carrots, nuts and dried fruit.
- Batter will be very thick.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until done.
The CookSacha G'Town, Seattle, WA
The Rating1 people
That would be great for endurance athletes I bet!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
PS - I did run these though my builder... they aren't that bad on the calorie front but they are very very nutritious! Here it is for anyone interested... I'm definitely going to make these:
Total Fat 6.0 g
...morejo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!