Chocolate Flan CakeFrom sharebear1 3 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 - 18oz Box chocolate Devils Food cake mix shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups water (for cake mix) shopping list
- 1/2 Cup oil (for cake mix) shopping list
- 3 eggs (for cake mix) shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 - 13 Oz can Mexican Cajeta caramel shopping list
- Flan: shopping list
- 1 - 14oz can La Lechera (sweetened condensed milk) shopping list
- 1 - 12oz can evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 Cup fresh milk (ex: whole milk) shopping list
- 1 - 8oz package cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons Mexican vanilla shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large bundt pan (that can hold up to 15 cups) with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2.Place cajeta in microwave safe dish and heat until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- 3.Prepare cake mix as stated on box. Pour into pan on top of cajeta.
- 4.Place all ingredients for flan (la lechera, evaporated milk, fresh milk, cream cheese, vanilla and eggs) into a blender and blend until smooth.
- 5.Pour flan mixture SLOWLY over cake batter.
- 6.Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Make sure it's very tight.
- 7.Place bundt pan into a large pan and fill with hot water about 2 inches up side.
- 8.Place into oven. Bake for 2 hours.
- 9.After 2 hours remove cake from pan and cool for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes remove the tin foil.
- 10.Invert cake onto a large plate with rim.
- 11.The cajeta will drip down the sides of the cake.
- 12.Cool completely and refridgerate.
- Note: Flan will move to bottom of cake pan when cooked.
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!