Baked Chicken & Veggie QuesadillasFrom abbyparker216 5 years ago
- 1 T. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced, OR 2 t. bottled minced garlic shopping list
- 1 cup frozen or canned yellow corn shopping list
- 2 cans (15 oz each) black beans shopping list
- 1/2 t. ground cumin shopping list
- cooking oil spray shopping list
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded shopping list
- 8 large (10- to 12- inch) flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 8 oz jar of your favorite salsa shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet. Add the onion, garlic, and chicken, cooking until the onion is translucent.
- While the onion cooks, drain and rinse the corn and black beans. (You can mix them together in the colander.)
- When the onion is tender, add the corn and beans to the skillet. Stir to mix.
- Add cumin and cook about another minute until everything is heated, then remove from heat.
- Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking oil spray. Place one tortilla on one of the sheets
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture onto one half of the tortilla. Top with salsa and 2 T. of cheese, then fold the tortilla over and press lightly so it adheres.
- Repeat with the other tortillas until both baking sheets are full.
- Place both baking sheets in the oven and bake until the tortillas are crisp and the cheese is melted; 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with condiments of your choice.
The Cookabbyparker216 Nashville, Tennessee
- Not added to any groups yet!