QuicheFrom DetroitTokyo 4 years ago
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 ½ cups half and half shopping list
- 1 ½ tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese (three types. I used: sharp white cheddar, dill Havarti, mozzarella) shopping list
- 5 strips thick bacon (apple-wood smoked), diced shopping list
- 5 mushrooms, sliced thin shopping list
- 12 stalks asparagus shopping list
- ½ onion, diced shopping list
- 1 handful scallions, diced shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- nutmeg powder shopping list
- scallions, chopped shopping list
- 1 pastry shell shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat indoor/outdoor grill. Brush with olive oil.
- Drizzle olive oil over asparagus & sprinkle with salt & pepper. Grill for about 4 minutes on each side. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Let pie shell thaw for ten minutes if frozen. Score the bottom of the shell with a fork. Cook in oven for 5 minute. In order to retain its shape, I transferred my shell to a glass pie dish and put the aluminum pan inside of it as a liner. Remove & let cool.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil into a saute pan, add diced bacon and cook under low-medium heat. Stir often. Remove just when browned into a small bowl lined with paper towel.
- Add diced onion to saute pan with bacon grease and cook at low-medium heat until caramelized. Remove and transfer into small bowl lined with paper towel.
- Add sliced mushrooms to remaining bacon grease and cook on low for about two minutes. Remove and transfer into small bowl lined with paper towel.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs & whisk thoroughly. Add cream and whisk until combined well.
- In another mixing bowl, add shredded cheese, flour and garlic powder. Stir until cheese is well coated.
- Reserve several whole stalks of asparagus. Or, you may cut them in half, reserving the top half for the top of the quiche. Dice the remaining asparagus.
- Add cooked vegetables and bacon to cream & egg mixture.
- Pour cheese mixture into bottom of pie crust. Over that, pour egg mixture. Sprinkle scallions over evenly. Arrange whole/halved asparagus over the top in any pattern that suits you. Sprinkle nutmeg over top.
- Put in oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!