Shrimp & Pineapple Stir-fryFrom elisabetty52 5 years ago
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- 4 lg. cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed as necessary shopping list
- 40 medium - large frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled and towel-dried shopping list
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts shopping list
- 1 large can chunk pineapple shopping list
- stir-fry sauce (you can use a sweeter one if you like that or a more spicy one depending on your preference) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- dry roasted peanuts (unsalted works better) shopping list
How to make it
- heat a large skillet or wok and add peanut oil.
- add garlic and ginger and saute until just a bit browned.
- add sugar snap peas and saute for 3 - 4 minutes stirring occasionaly but also allowing to brown a bit.
- add shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes or so until shrimp have turned pink and have browned a little, too.
- add water chestnuts and pineapple and allow to heat.
- stir in stir-fry sauce to coat, using more or less depending how saucy you like it.
- just before serving, top with cilantro and peanuts and just stir to coat.
- serve immediately over jasmine rice that has been steamed with a bit of asian sesame oil.
The Cookelisabetty52 Portland, Oregon
- Not added to any groups yet!