Bermuda Wahoo Fillet With Orange-green Peppercorn SauceFrom hopscotch 5 years ago
- 2 Wahoo Fillets, 6oz. Each shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- juice from 4 fresh oranges shopping list
- 1/2 cup white vermouth shopping list
- 2 shallots, sliced thinly shopping list
- 2 tablespoons green peppercorns shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- [section Garnish [/section] shopping list
- Fresh orange segments shopping list
- Fresh mint sprigs shopping list
How to make it
To prepare the marinade
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the fresh orange juice with the vermouth, shallots, and green peppercorns.
- Place the wahoo fillets in the marinade and leave for one hour. When ready, remove fillets from the marinade and dry them on a towel or paper towel.
- Season with salt and pepper, set aside. Reserve marinade to be used in the cream sauce.
To prepare the cream sauce
- Pour the reserved marinade into a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the vinegar and cook until the sauce is reduced to the consistency of marmalade.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Place the sauce, along with the butter, into a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Press the cream sauce through a fine-mesh sieve and season with salt.
To grill the wahoo fillets
- Place fillets onto a prepared grill over medium high heat.
- Grill fillets 3 to 4 minutes on each side, being careful not to over cook.
- Divide cream sauce between 2 large serving plates, covering the entire bottom of each plate.
- Place a fillet in the center of the sauce, then fan orange segments around fillet, placing them directly into cream sauce.
- Sprinkle a few green peppercorns over the top and garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
- Chef Jean-Claude Garzia
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel
- url: www.greatchefs.com
People Who Like This Dish 1
- hopscotch CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!