Salmon Sushi WrapFrom canned_food_fan 4 years ago
- 2 cans (6 ounces) Sockeye or pink salmon, drained, flaked shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger shopping list
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 2 cups cooked brown or short-grain rice, cooled shopping list
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds shopping list
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves* shopping list
- 4 (10-inch) spinach-flavored flour tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, season salmon with a mixture of lemon juice, ginger, soy sauce and sugar. Combine salmon mixture with rice, water chestnuts, green onion and sesame seeds; toss gently with fork to mix.
- Warm the tortillas.** Arrange a layer of spinach leaves on the bottom half of each tortilla, leaving room on the edges. Spread equal portions of the salmon-rice mixture over spinach then top with another layer of spinach leaves. Fold the side and bottom edges of each tortilla toward the middle over the filling, then roll so the tortilla covers the filling.
- * Tips: For a typical sushi flavor, use nori strips in place of spinach. Nori are sheets of dried seaweed, found in many Asian stores. Serve with wasabi, if desired.
- ** To make them more pliable before wrapping, warm tortillas:
- • Microwave oven: 10 to 15 seconds on high heat
- • Oven: 3 to 5 minutes at 350ºF in aluminum foil
- • Stovetop: 15 seconds per side over medium-high heat in a large non-stick skillet
- Servings: 4
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories 560; Total fat 18g; Saturated fat 4g; Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 890mg; Carbohydrate 74g; Fiber 8g; Protein 28g
People Who Like This Dish 0
- canned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!