Avacado And Blueberry SaladFrom fluffy24 4 years ago
- 2 tbsp. honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh orange or grapefruit juice shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 ripe, fresh avacado,peeled, seeded, cut into slices shopping list
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed, picked over, well drained shopping list
- 2 medium sliced apples, peeled,cored,seeded, diced shopping list
- 2 cups fresh mango chunks shopping list
- 1 (5oz.) package mixed baby greens shopping list
- 2 tbsp. chives or green onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp. walnuts, toasted, chopped coarsley shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, mix honey, yogurt and cinnamon together until smooth and creamy. Whisk in juice; stir in salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Place chopped avocado, blueberries, apple, and mango in medium bowl and toss with about 2/3 of the tangy dressing; set aside.
- Toss salad greens in large bowl with remainder of tangy dressing, and distribute evenly on each of six salad plates. Place an equal portion of dressed fruit/avocado mixture on top of each greens serving. Sprinkle with chopped chives and toasted walnuts to serve.
- *To toast walnuts, place nut pieces in dry skillet over medium-high heat and stir occasionally for about seven minutes, or until pieces are browned lightly. Remove from heat. Let nuts cool slightly before chopping and using to garnish salad.
- Nutrition Facts:
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!