Beef Fajita BowlsFrom shirleyoma 6 years ago
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain rice shopping list
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 flour tortilla for burritos (8 inch) (from 11.5-ounce package), cut into 4x1/2- inch strips shopping list
- 1 (1 pound) stir-fry bell peppers and onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn shopping list
- 1 cup Thick 'n chunky salsa shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cook rice as directed on package.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut beef with grain into 2-inch strips; cut strips across grain into 1/8-inch slices.
- 3. Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; rotate skillet to coat bottom. Cook tortilla strips in oil 1 to 2 minutes on each side, adding additional oil if necessary, until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- 4. Add beef to skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
- 5. Add bell pepper mixture and corn to skillet; cook and stir 1 minute. Cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring twice, until crisp-tender. Stir in beef, salsa, lime juice, chili sauce and cumin. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot. Stir in cilantro. Divide rice among bowls. Top with beef mixture and tortilla strips.
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating5 people
yum shirley i love thisminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it