Penne With Sun-dried Tomato, Basil And Goat Cheese Cream SauceFrom christinem 6 years ago
- 8 oz, whole wheat penne (dry) shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 10 oz sliced crimini mushrooms shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Tuscan seasoning blend shopping list
- 3 oz. goat cheese, crumbled shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil shopping list
- Additional 1 oz goat cheese for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt butter with olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute 1 minute. Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and saute another 5 to 6 minutes until mushrooms are tender. Remove mushrooms from skillet and set aside.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add half and half, whisking until combined. Continue cooking, whisking frequently, until sauce begins to boil and thicken. Season with Tuscan seasoning, salt & pepper. Add goat cheese and whisk until melted and smooth. Whisk in flour to thicken sauce.
- Add mushrooms to sauce and stir in basil.
- Toss pasta with sauce. Garnish with additional goat cheese if desired.