Chocolate Sheet CakeFrom kimmer 5 years ago
- 1 ¼ cups margarine or butter shopping list
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 cups unsifted flour shopping list
- 1 ½ cups firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz) Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar shopping list
- 1 cup chopped nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 cup margarine, stir in ¼ cocoa then water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat.
- In large mixer bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add cocoa mixture, beat well. Stir in 1/3 cup Eagle brand, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour into greased 15x10in jellyroll pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- In small saucepan, melt remaining ¼ cup margarine, stir in remaining ¼ cup cocoa and Eagle Brand.
- Stir in confectioners’ sugar and nuts.
- Spread on warm cake.
The Cookkimmer Dunedin, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!