Breakfast Sausage Divan CasseroleFrom charrm1 6 years ago
- 2 cups cooked rice of your choice shopping list
- 1 lb pork sausages, cooked and drained shopping list
- 1 can (6 oz) whole or sliced water chestnuts, drained shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups brocoli florets (raw) shopping list
- 1/4 cup whole blanched almonds (optional) shopping list
- 2 cups Cheesy Béchamel Sauce (recipe below) shopping list
- - 1/4 cup (2 oz) butter shopping list
- - 1/4 cup (2 oz) flour shopping list
- - 2 cups stock or broth (chicken, beef or vegetable, your choice) shopping list
- - 2 cups (16 oz) shredded extra old or sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- - 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- - 1 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In a 3 qt. casserole or rectangle 9 X 11 baking dish, layer cooked rice, cooked sausages, brocoli florets, water chestnuts and almonds (opt).
- In a saucepan, make a cheesy béchamel sauce by melting 1/4 cup butter, then add 1/4 cup flour, mix and cook slightly, then add 2 cups stock or broth (vegetable, chicken, beef of your choice). Cook sauce until thickened slightly then add the cheese and sour cream and cook on low heat until the cheese is melted, add 1 tps worcestershire sauce and mix well.
- Add this sauce evenly on top of your casserole ingredients.
- Bake, covered at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until the brocoli is cooked to your taste.
The Cookcharrm1 Gatineau, Canada
The Rating1 people
This is true comfort food - thank you.aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it