South Of The Border JoesFrom daisyducc 3 years ago
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or chicken, or turkey) shopping list
- 1 cup bottled chunky salsa shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- canned black beans, rinsed and drained (optional) shopping list
- canned corn, rinsed and drained (optional) shopping list
- 6 whole wheat buns, split and toasted shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and peppers until browned. Drain excess fat. Stir in corn or beans if using, salsa, water and chili powder.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5-10 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Divide mixture evenly among buns.
- we serve with veggies and salsa (and maybe some baked tortilla chips if we want to spend the calories)
The Cookdaisyducc West Hills, USA
- Not added to any groups yet!