Cranberry Walnut Chciken SaladFrom fluffy24 5 years ago
- Cranberry-walnut chicken Salad shopping list
- Adapted quite loosely from Gourmet shopping list
- Makes 4 to 6 servings. shopping list
- 4 cups cubed (1/2 inch) cooked chicken (about 1 3/4 lb) (I like to brine mine first, then poach it in water for 15 to 20 minutes because I am completely neurotic about chicken getting dried out in any way.) shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped shopping list
- 1 celery rib, diced into small bits (1 cup) shopping list
- 2 or more tablespoons finely chopped shallot shopping list
- 1 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar, if you have it, or champagne or white wine vinegar works well, too shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon or herb or your choice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Really complicated directions: Toss together all ingredients in a large bowl until combined well.
- I like to eat mine on top of chopped Romaine lettuce, or with toasted pocket-less pita wedges.
- Variations: Are almost endless, but this is particularly good with leftover Thanksgiving turkey and chopped pecans.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!